1. The sophisticated sissy look
2. Urban Renewal
3. The kids
4. Terry Richardson, Peter Saville, Gareth Pugh
5. T-shirt vending machines.
Watch and read all about it after the jump.
1. Their spring look for men is 'sophisticated sissy', which we strongly endorse.
2. All used Uniqlo clothing can be sent back to the company. They then re-distribute the threads among African villages who are in need of clothing and support. It's called the 'urban renewal' project.
3. Their Kids Catalogue
4. Terry Richardson shot their limited edition T-shirt catalogue, using a mix of celebrities and bloggers he spotted on MySpace, e.a. One blogger desicribed the shoot like this: "During the shoot, I air guitar-ed to Seasons in the Abyss while yelling SLAAAAAAYER. Michael Pitt sat on a couch eating a banana." Richardson's photographs of the Uniqlo shirts have been published in a book. You can buy it at the Uniqlo stores or take a peak on the Japanese site. (FYI: the T-shirt designer list includes names like Peter Saville, Kim Jones, Gareth Pugh and some dude from Black Dice.)
5. Their newest Tokyo flagship store sells T-shirts in giant vending machines. Alle shirts are sold inside a container normally used to store e.g. tennis balls.